Iriun Webcam: Best way to use your smartphone as a webcam
In today’s time, it’s next to impossible to find a laptop with a decent webcam. Though a webcam isn’t a priority for the users, wouldn’t it be great to have a good quality camera on your laptop? We crave to have the same level of the camera quality on a PC as we have on our phones. Here is a way out where you can mix the utility of your laptops and the quality of your smartphone camera during meetings or while streaming using Iriun Webcam.
We will be using Iriun, which is a free tool for using your android phone or iPhone as a webcam and here are some pros and cons of Iriun.
Pros of Iriun
- Free to use along with a pro version
- Can be used over both Wifi or USB
- Available on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Ubuntu
- Watermark with the free version
How to download and setup Iriun Webcam
- Download the Iriun Webcam application on your computer by clicking on the link.
- Install the application and follow the steps as guided.
- Install the Iriun 4K Webcam app from Google Play Store or Apple Store based on your requirements.
- Make sure that your laptop or PC and the smartphone are connected to the same Wifi.
- Open the Iriun Webcam client on your computer and simultaneously open the application on your smartphone.
- You can change the resolution based on your requirement up to 4K.
- You are all set up with your new Webcam and good to go.