How to access Google Chat and Room in Gmail?
Google is adding new features to the Gmail app to make it an “Integrated Workspace” for everyone. Previously, they had integrated Google Meet with Gmail, and you had the Mail and Meet section in it. Now, they came up with a new chat feature in the Gmail app and here is how you can access Google Chat and Room.
How to turn on Google Chat and Room
- Make sure your app is up-to-date.
- Open Gmail and visit the three bars on the top left of the screen
- Scroll down and tap on Settings.
- Select your preferred email ID.
- Check the Chat(early access) under General.
- Select Try it from the pop up.
- Open Gmail on your browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right and select see all settings.
- Look for Chat and Meet and click on it.
- If you find it difficult to find, then visit here.
- Near Chat, select Google Chat (Early Access).